Most parents do not worry that much about their child’s playtime or the position the coach plays their child at. The biggest worry of parents is the things that take their time and energy and could possibly ruin a good season. These things usually are safety, scheduling, fundraising, stats-keeping, and volunteering. Here are some tips on how to maintain these things so that you could have a smooth season.
- Make sure that to let the coach know if the athlete has some problem such as asthma beforehand.
- Give the athlete’s coach your contact information in case of an emergency.
- Make sure your child warms up properly before training and before each game. This can help reduce a lot of injuries and muscle pain.
- Always keep your child hydrated before a game. Make sure he stays hydrated throughout his training.
- Give your child some rest by taking at least a day or two off every week.
- Always keep an eye on your kids. Know where they are at all times.
- It’s okay to say no. Keep your family’s priorities first and then decide and schedule accordingly. Plan according to what you find manageable.
- Do not feel guilty for being busy. Enjoy your child’s sports games and if you do not like it, then change your scheduling from next season.
- Keep an accurate schedule. It is important to remain sane. Do not make an overburdening schedule and keep it realistic. Then follow your schedule and do not deviate from it.
- Do not overload the schedule. By doing so, it can drain your energy as well as your wallets.
- Do not directly jump onto the expensive equipment. If your child is a beginner at a certain sport, let him start with some less expensive stuff.
- Make sure your child is absolute about choosing the sport he wants to play. Attend a few training with him a year before so that he could make a proper decision about choosing such an expensive sport.
- Bring your food and drink instead of purchasing it at the snacks canteen, where they are sold for more.
- You can also carpool with other parents to the practice.
Stats keeping can sometimes be controversial and time-consuming. A lot of moms argue with the coaches regarding the stats, which is not a good sight. Keeping stats can help the players improve their game by quite a lot.
- Never be shy to ask for any sort of help.
- Learn to delegate if you are the team manager.
- Know what they expect of volunteers.
- Make sure volunteers find it easy to sign up.
- Set up timings for Volunteering. This way people can know which time is suitable for them to volunteer.
- Try to communicate clearly and more often.
- Try to be happy with whatever the volunteers can do.
- If the volunteers are volunteering for several hours, allow them to take little breaks in between.
- Give your volunteers your cell number in case they want to ask any questions. If they want to talk to you, be a good listener.
- Finally, always thank your volunteers at the end.
Following these tips, you are for sure going to have a relaxed season. You would not have to worry about any of the troubles and could spend your time stress-free. Things would not completely get easy, but at least now they will get way more manageable for you as a sports parent.