When running a tournament or league you need to be able to organize the teams into divisions based on age and or grade. The NSID technology allows you to create divisions within your event and you can set the eligibility rules your event requires based on age/grade and proper cutoff dates. Then after these teams are verified by NSID they can only enter divisions they are eligible for making your event fair and organized. We will show you how below.
- Log into your account and visit your tourney/league.
- Click Edit Tournament/League.
- Click Add a Division and fields will appear.
- Complete the fields. (title, age or grade based and cutoff date)
- Create more divisions by clicking Add a Division.
- Only VERIFIED TEAMS that meet the eligibility rules you set in your divisions are able to join. A team can change its verification for each tournament and as long as the team is verified it can enter any division it is eligible for.
- When a players birthday lands on the cutoff date you set they will be eligible for your event.
- If you need to create multiple events you can use the Duplicate Tournament/League button on your page and all divisions will be copied to the newly created event.
Age-based rules mean that all players on the team cannot be older than a certain age before the cutoff date set by the tournament or league. For example, the USA Basketball cutoff date is 9/1 of the current year. A 13-year-old division would mean a player could not turn 14 BEFORE 9/1 of the current year. To create an age-based division just click Age of Players, set the maximum age and set the cutoff date.
Age-Based with Floor Setting Division
Age-based with a floor setting division is the same thing as age-based except the floor setting assure that players are a minimum age by the cutoff date. For example, if the division is 13u with a floor setting of 12 and a cutoff date is 9/1 of the current year it means players cannot turn 14 BEFORE 9/1 and MUST turn 12 before 9/1. To create an age-based division with a floor setting just click Age of Players, set the maximum age with the cutoff date then turn on the floor setting and set the minimum age and cutoff date.
Grade Based Division
The Grade Based setting and the rule is simple. Just mark the division Grade of Players and choose the grade your division will be. Then all teams that are verified for that grade no matter what their age can participate. in the division.
Grade Based with Age Limit Division
The Grade Based with an Age Limit division says players MUST be in the grade set but cannot be older than a maximum age. For example, a 7th-grade division with a 13 age limit and cutoff of 9/1 or the current year say the player MUST be in 7 grade but CANNOT turn 14 BEFORE 9/1.
Grade Based with Grade Exception Division
The Grade Based with a Grade Exception says that a player in a grade above the divisions limit can play IF the player is age eligible per the desired cutoff date. For example, a 7th-grade division would allow an 8th grader to play if the player DOES NOT turn 14 BEFORE 9/1 of the current year. You can set your division clicking Grade of Players, click Grade Exception and set the maximum age and cutoff date.
Grade Based with Floor Setting
The Grade Based with a Floor Setting allows event directors to make a minimum grade for players to have to be in to make them eligible. For example: If the division is for 8th graders an event director can choose 7th grade as the floor setting, which would mean 6th graders and under would be flagged as in eligible. If the director makes the floor setting 8th grade then all players in the division will have to be in 8th grade.